Just Darts Since 2009
Ten random observations about Greenwich, Connecticut
April 23, 2007Posted by on
- People really say things like, “After all, this is Greenwich!” if a store doesn’t have what they’re looking for. They really do.
- The older the women are, the tanner they are. Or maybe vice versa.
- Parking meters cost a quarter for twenty lousy minutes.
- The cops who direct traffic on Greenwich Avenue are less friendly than your average stoplight.
- People feel free to bring large dogs into stores.
- Teenage girls don’t wear enough clothes here, either.
- People here want to be told what to buy. They know how to make the money; but what to spend it on? Not a clue.
- Part of my job description is now to know where every store on Greenwich Avenue is located. It’s irritating when I don’t.
- There definitely is a difference between old money and new money: old money can afford to be gracious, but they’re harder to please.
- People are people wherever you go. That’s what I like about ’em.